Lilypie

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Let's Party!

Saturday July 24, 2010 we threw you a First Birthday Party! I went with a BUG theme because ever since the day you were born I have called you Buggy, Bug, The Bug, or Buggy D! You get the picture! So after months of looking for the party favors and planning it was time for the BIG day! I must say it turned out great! Caden, you really seemed to enjoy yourself! You woke up the morning of your party and saw this gift from Daddy and I. You loved your fire truck!
I'm going to spray you!
As you can see, this gift was a huge hit! You loved every minute of it!
These are the invitations I found from another blogger and Daddy and I both loved them! We got to customize them ourselves and we were very happy with the way they turned out. They came with bright yellow envelopes that brought out the bugs wings! So cute!
Party decorations!
This table has the party favors we chose for the guests: butterfly catchers, large magnifying glasses with a little bug keeper in the handles and the insect houses. They were all a big hit with all the kiddos!
The wall has pictures of you at each month of your life from birth so everyone could see how much you have changed and grown into our little man!
My favorite keepsake! Thanks Koury from Practically Pikasso for doing an amazing job on this!
The bug came from his invitations.

The day before the party I went to HEB to finalize our cake order and the girl working was not very nice, all she said was "I can't do it!" So I went to the Cake Box on a VERY short notice and had them do one for me. For a free hand drawing of the invitation I think she did a good job! The main idea wasn't cake anyway, it was worm dirt, but a certain sister of mine said we needed cake so here it is! :)
Playing in your school bus from Granny and Granpa before the party started.

I had your shirt made by Monograms by Terri special for the party. The front has a little Caterpillar and the back says The Bug with the number 1 below it! I LOVED it!
Guests arriving!
Family :)
Our BFF's
Rylee Grace and mom Brittany
You are so blessed!
Thank you everyone for showering our son with gifts and especially LOVE this past year! I handed out pictures for the refrigerator as Thank Yous and I loved the way those turned out, although I didn't get a picture of them but they have 4 of Caden's 1 year pictures on them.
The cake table with the cups of worm dirt!
1
I'm one
You can also see the little Caterpillar on your shirt!
Greeting Rylee Grace with sugars!
Pinata time!
You loved hitting the pinata Caden!
I'm sure it will be a tradition at every one of your Birthday Parties!
Madison! (She will be one in August)
Rylee (Your birthday buddy)
Cousin Haleigh (She is 8 days younger than you)
Watching the fun!

Daddy getting him, I mean Caden some goodies!
Family
Family
Just the 3 of us!
Beautiful!
Present time!





Caden playing guitar with his groupies around! So cute! I love that smile!
Cousin Kaeding with decor matching attire!
Getting ready for cake!


Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday dear Caden,
Happy Birthday to you!
My favorite!
About to dig in!
You love to share my bug! You are so sweet!
Giving daddy some!


At the end of the party you were all tuckered out and you fell asleep in Mimi's arms!

Thank you Caden Lane for blessing daddy and I beyond measure this year! We are so thankful to God for giving us the best gift of all on July 21, 2009!
Our Caden Lane Bug!

Every good and perfect gift is from above.
James 1:17

No comments: